In order to encourage student participation at the DISC 2015, the conference will partially reimburse the travel costs of deserving graduate student registrants who might otherwise be unable to attend the conference.
Students eligible to apply are the following:
- A graduate student at the time of attending DISC 2015, or
- Both an undergraduate student and a coauthor of a DISC 2015 paper/BA/poster.
DISC 2015 will partially reimburse travel, accommodation, and registration costs based on need.
Students that receive support to cover accommodation expenses will be asked to stay in the conference hotel. All eligible applications will be considered. The number and amount of awards will be determined based on the available budget and the applications received.
Applications should be sent by e-mail with the subject “DISC 2015 Student Travel Grant Application” to DISC 2015 Student Grant Chair, Alessia Milani (milani AT labri DOT fr). In addition to a student’s application, a short letter of recommendation should be sent by the student’s advisor to the above email address with the subject line “DISC 2015 Student Travel Grant – Recommendation” (the advisor should clarify the nature and amount of any other sources of funding that are available or have been applied for).
Please note that both these emails must be received by the deadline (see below) in order for an application to be considered.
Each application should include the following:
- Expected Expenses (broken down as registration, travel, and lodging)
- Type of student (PhD, MS, undergraduate, etc.)
- Number of years that the applicant have been a student in the current program, and expected date of completion
- Name and email address of advisor
- Title and Authors of paper/BA/poster presenting at DISC 2015 (if applicable)
- A short paragraph (maximum 150 words) describing briefly why the student wants to attend DISC 2015 (Ascii/text attachment is ok also for this paragraph)
The advisor’s email should contain the recommendation letter (attachments are okay).
Deadlines and Dates
Applications are due by August 25th, 2015
Award decisions made around September 5th, 2015