The International Workshop on Distributed Cloud Computing (DCC) is interdisciplinary and touches both distributed systems and algorithms as well as networking and cloud computing. It is intended as a forum where people with different backgrounds can share their expertise. The workshop regularly attracts both researchers and practitioners working on the foundations of the distributed cloud.
DCC 2019 is co-located with DISC 2019, and will be held in the beautiful city of Budapest, Hungary, on October 18th, 2019.
The workshop this year will highlight several invited talks by leading researchers working on various aspects of distributed cloud computing and will include a panel about future research challenges and directions.
Click here to see the DCC 2019 program.
The workshop targets presentations and papers in various related topics, including (but not limited to):
- Novel ideas on how to design and operate/manage the distributed cloud
- Foundations and principles of distributed cloud computing
- Optimization and algorithms
- Architectural models, prototype implementations and applications
- Virtualization technology and enablers (network virtualization, software-defined networking)
- Experience with existing deployments and measurements (public, private, hybrid, federated environments)
- Service and resource specification, languages, and formal verification
- Economics and pricing